Gun Control Forum on Facebook Gun Control Forum on Google Plus Gun Control Forum on Twitter

Greetings Gun Control Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular Gun Control Forum Categories

In this Discussion

Marine Colonel Unleashes on Anti-Gun Liberals With Brutal 3-Word Slam on Chattanooga Shooting

edited August 2015 in Gun Control Debates Posts: 6
The deadly terrorist attack in Chattanooga, Tenn., that resulted in five deaths occurred in a gun-free zone. Understandably, many Americans were outraged that their own military members couldn’t protect themselves on their own bases.

One of these people was retired Marine Col. Gary Anderson, who blamed the “gun control mafia” for leaving our servicemen and women unprotected.

“Part of the problem in this country is we start to see these incidents occur more and more often where people go after deliberate soft targets … (because) they know the target can’t shoot back,” Anderson said.n Chattanooga. We’ve all seen the images of the front of a building riddled with bullet holes … and a “gun-free zone” sticker right above them.

I agree with Col. Anderson completely.  If the gun control mafia won't let us defend ourselves then we should disarm our military completely and see what happens to those liberal anti-gun touting idiots!

Comments

There obviously needs to be some common sense exercised with this matter, however the liberals are not the ones to blame, at least not alone. Perhaps if the funding for some of the social service programs that assist the mentally unstable people committing these crimes wasn't so dried up (courtesy of the GOP), then we would have less of these situations where servicemen and women needed to protect themselves on American soil.
  • From what I gather, it seems that the debate over gun control is primarily centered around civilian firearm ownership, not military firearm ownership. As for military firearm ownership in a civilian area, I'm not so sure. Stripping civilians of firearms does not entail that the military would be disarmed. Many gun-free nations have militaries that use firearms, because a military without firearms would simply be foolish. As for my opinion on military officers with firearms in civilian areas, I am all for it. The rank and file of the military are highly trained and disciplined, enough so to be responsible with firearms, which presents no problem for me when military personnel are carrying firearms in proximity of civilians.
    Whats going to happen when a psycho decides to shoot up a public spot and there aren't any military personel around? Criminals would not be criminal if they are willing to hand over their guns.
  • I get the outrage of having an attack on a gun-free zone.  However, if people are going into a place ready to kill, whether or not you have guns, there will be deaths.  I mean, if you have a gun on you, you have to take it out of its holster, disarm the safety, aim, and fire it.  By that time, the attackers already have their guns out and are shooting.  If they are shooting at you, you have no time to prepare and return fire. 
  • That's because they know the real deep truth of this country. They're behind the scenes and some of them are awake to what's going on. He's trying to warn people.
  • I don't know why the military would have  gun free zone. That's kind of crazy to me. What is the point of the military if not to protect this country? How would they do that without a weapon?
    This just shows you how much sense a (gun free zone) makes the only ones that payed any attention to it was the law abiding people.What were they even thinking when they did this any way.It surely wasn't common sense,because common sense would have told you that criminals don't obey the laws any way.When the Military can't even do their job now come on,what good are you doing.Now no one can protect them self's and others (smart move antis).When will people realize Guns are not the problem,but the mentally impaired and criminals.Then for someone to say if they were carrying they wouldn't had time to shoot back even if they would have had enough time stop them after 1,2,3,4 it would have been better than 5,now that's common sense.These are the dumb moves we gun owners are trying to prevent.
  • "TommiGunn31
    September 2015 Posts: 246Thanks
    I get the outrage of having an attack on a gun-free zone. However, if people are going into a place ready to kill, whether or not you have guns, there will be deaths. I mean, if you have a gun on you, you have to take it out of its holster, disarm the safety, aim, and fire it. By that time, the attackers already have their guns out and are shooting. If they are shooting at you, you have no time to prepare and return fire. "

The guns used by most Police Departments and the FBI, the Glock, a very safe firearm has no manual safety catch to push, just like the Revolvers they replaced, you simply pull the trigger.
  • I didn't know that the military is subjected to gun control rule as the Colonel seems to be suggesting. My understanding that gun control is aimed at potential terrorists or law breakers. The Colonel seems to be distorting the facts in order to further his anti-gun control cause.