Gun Control Forum on Facebook Gun Control Forum on Google Plus Gun Control Forum on Twitter

Greetings Gun Control Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular Gun Control Forum Categories

In this Discussion

Where can you conceal carry?

edited November 2016 in Gun Control Debates Posts: 15
It seems like so many places you aren't allowed to cc. I understand that you can't In Libraries, schools, hospitals and government places like that, but I feel like there are so many businesses that ban them. Sprint, restaurants (Taco Bell), the bus station and so many other businessss ban them.
Tagged:

Comments

• Well, while that may be the case, that has more to do with crime than anything, I'm assuming. You can easily run and hide if you see someone walking in with a pistol on their hip, not that criminals would follow it anyway. But it just makes it harder to get into overall. That, or workplace safety, as well. 
    GunNutsNovel1
  • Well, if concealed carry wasn't banned in those establishments, don't you think there might be an increased risk of robbery? I'm not saying that there would be a huge drop in robberies or anything absurd like that, but the more warnings that exist reduce the probability that a criminal would act in that establishment.
  • Exactly my point, it would be way too easy to bring in a weapon "legally" and then use it for legal purposes. It's almost like a safeguard if someone get's suspicious before the act takes place. 
  • coolyfrost, how do you figure ?

" Well, if concealed carry wasn't banned in those establishments, don't you think there might be an increased risk of robbery? I'm not saying that there would be a huge drop in robberies or anything absurd like that, but the more warnings that exist reduce the probability that a criminal would act in that establishment."

Your post makes no sense at all; it is absurd really; gun free zones to those that legally carry concealed are at greater risk of crime; it is a fact that criminals fear armed citizens even more than they fear the Police, I was a Police Officer, and I can vouch for that fact without quoting the NRA or any other second hand hear say.

Gun control is anathema in relation to law abiding people, you can't control crime by penalizing the law abiding people.
    I think they should go further than this and install metal detectors to net those who conceal carry. But trust some people to beat the system to beat the devices in these days of runaway technology. In this era of mass shootings and terrorism, it would be suicidal to allow individuals to conceal carry. I suppose someone open carrying is not likely to have a delinquent predisposition as the confidence he will derive from open carrying without arousing suspicion would yield a positive emotional dividend.
    GunNutsNovel1
  • Guns just serve to escalate violence. On a college campus recently a couple of rival fraternities got into a fist fight. One of the kids got scared that he was going to take a beating, so he went to his car and grabbed a handgun from his glove box. In the end, the toll was one dead and one paralyzed college kid, and a third being held on a murder charge. Yes, you can argue that he was defending himself. But he would have been better off getting beaten up then on trial for murder. And the other kids would still be alive and walking. And if the kids had all been armed? Guess how that would have turned out. If you want a viewpoint on what happens when we’re all armed, read the new novel “Gun Nuts.”