Gun Control Forum on Facebook Gun Control Forum on Google Plus Gun Control Forum on Twitter

Greetings Gun Control Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular Gun Control Forum Categories

In this Discussion

New California Gun Law Passed on January 1st, 2016

edited January 2016 in Gun Control Debates Posts: 60

This law will allow police, without prior warning to a LAWFUL gun owner, to seize their weapons if a judge decides there's a potential for violence.

Now the problem I have with this, is that it seems to bypass the 2nd amendment, as well as the fact that a judge can really use their own biased opinion on whether someone is a threat or not and strip people of their guns that they lawfully attained. A public official can come up with any excuse to call someone a terrorist or label them a threat. The government does it all the time to people who voice opinions on how corrupt the government is, or any other conservative opinions. And this is fact, you can do research on this. What do you guys think of this new law that passed? Here's the full article, and there are other articles on it as well if you search for it.

Comments

• I do agree that this makes me uncomfortable. I'm all for being stricter about gun laws within reason, but I feel like this is going too far. It's basically making it legal to take the gun from someone prematurely, even if there is no evidence to support it, and there is still such a thing as corruption. This worries me. 
  • It's California, not a great place to live, unless you are a criminal, California is great place to live if you are a drug dealer or worse.