Gun Control Forum on Facebook Gun Control Forum on Google Plus Gun Control Forum on Twitter

Greetings Gun Control Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular Gun Control Forum Categories

In this Discussion

Does restrictive gun control create safer communities?

panpan
edited March 2016 in Gun Control Debates Posts: 3
What are your opinions on the effectiveness of restrictive gun control in creating safer communities? Have you had any experiences relating to guns that have shaped your views? 

Comments

• panpan
    I have never come into contact with any sort of gun-related things and the only time I have actually seen a gun is probably on the belts of police so it would be interesting to see what you might think, especially if you have had more experience with guns.
    Yeah me too, I never encountered any shooting incidences before. To answer your question, in my humble opinion, not really. Killers, pardon the term, will be killers. They will find other ways or will resort to other ways to kill. If they really have mental disorders, nothing would stop them from killing. It could delay the crime, but will not stop it. 
    Criminals will always find a way to get guns.  By creating more laws, law abiding citizens will have a harder time getting them, not criminals.  That being said, I do think that there should be a background check when firearms are purchased.
    I live in a community where there is restrictive gun control. On the face of it, it seems to be a sensible thing to do though there are some serious drawbacks. The general population has no guns save for the few licensed owners. But with the prevalent crime trends in most societies and the inability or unwillingness of the authorities to tackle it head on, there is the danger of a black market thriving with people purchasing such weapons for their own security.
  • yes, it has been proven the world over the restrictive gun control leads to safer communities. The problem is proving the same in America, because all communities already have lots of guns.  I grew up with a couple of shotguns and rifle being kept under the stairs in a safe and used to shoot with my dad. I never saw much of a an issue with that, but I see now that high gun ownership leads to unsafe communities and even more unsafe homes (those with guns).

In communities with tight gun control, criminals do not have guns. Its not that they couldn't get them, but they simply do not use them because most criminals do not want to shoot anyone either. In the US the criminals have to have guns because they are scared of other criminals and also the public. Everyone is basically scared of each other and just make it worse by carrying guns. 

In other developed countries, they do not have the same high level of violence because they don't have as many guns - its pretty simple.