Gun Control Forum on Facebook Gun Control Forum on Google Plus Gun Control Forum on Twitter

Greetings Gun Control Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular Gun Control Forum Categories

In this Discussion

What do you think needs to be done to cut down on gun violence?

edited October 2016 in Gun Control Debates Posts: 10
I am just curious as to what others might say to this question. Everyone has their own opinion, and thats fine. I just want to see what YOU think would work in the long run.
Tagged:

Comments

Well that is certainly a question that a lot of people are scrambling around trying to come up with some answers for, but it is certainly not easy.  I would have to think that somewhere the whole background check process has to be strengthened, and we just have to get these automatic weapons off the streets (we do not need those for self defense).  Just my opinion.
  • guyguy
    We need to get rid of all guns that are not 10 round pistols, and a 12 gauge shot gun. The people in the cities don't need to collect guns, guns should be for the army only. 

Things like that should be kept in places where it's more safe. I want a government that sees that. Many other countries know this. They create strict gun laws because they don't want their citizens dying via guns. Lesser guns means lesser gun violence. 
    LoudAmerican
    The solution lies in what is called the Broken Windows Theory. If you root out the other lesser forms of violence by criminalising them, even criminals will find it abnormal to embrace gun crime. Major crimes are products of minor crimes which seen insignificant but open doors to bigger or more serious crimes. This strategy should be embraced when kids are young so as to leave a psychological imprint in their minds. Controlling the number of bullets is more important than even the control of guns.
  • The solution is real simple.
    Make parents be parents and teach their kids properly.

When parents don't care
    the kids run around like animals

Animals can become vicious when they are not properly control.

The whole thing boils down to correct control

My son has been raised around loaded Firearms nearly his whole life

Having been taught respect was a big factor in him understanding that respecting his father's wishes to respect the power and capability of a gun was foremost to his upbringing.

He is now 18 and starting college to become a lawyer

I believe that he was raised with a good grasp on how to raise children properly.
  • I conpletely agree that automatic firearms are conpletely unessisary (for evereyday life), however do you realy want to be on the wrong end of a gun being held by a soldier, and have to ask him if you can run home real fast and get your full auto? The reason i ask is because if we give up our 2nd amendment it will only be the first of many. And i personaly wont stand for it (if or when the day comes). "In times of peace prepare for war" - Art of War
  • guyguy
    I'd like to see people go threw gun training as a requirement, and also have our students in school be taught the value of life for the future of society. If people knew the value of life, then they might not be so willing to take it. 

Also I would have background checks, and also mental checks, as well as many other things put in place to prevent random killings.
    Other synergies should be explored to but down on gun violence. For one, other preemptive methods should be explored to make sure that there is less violence by integrating life skills in the curriculum. Other forms of self defense like kickboxing should be explored. Ultimately, the best strategy is deterrence without weapons.