Gun Control Forum on Facebook Gun Control Forum on Google Plus Gun Control Forum on Twitter

Greetings Gun Control Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular Gun Control Forum Categories

In this Discussion

Who invented the first gun?

These guns are in existence for more than thousands of years used for battlefields. It all started in China where the gunpowder was first created.

Comments

• You are absolutely right on pointing out that the history of gun use started in China and it was during the 9th century when the black powder was invented before it moved into Middle East, Africa and Europe. Fire Lance was the first kind of gun that was ever produced in the 10th century in China. It was a black powder filled tube attached to the end of a spear.
    I don't know who is the person behind the invention of first gun.And I agree with you that it was all started after inventing thr black powder.And to add more information ,The first successful rapid-fire firearm is the Gatling Gun, invented by Richard Gatling.
  • The claim is China invented the gunpowder in the 9th century but there are lots of skeptics out there who thinks that this may have been a reinvention.

I for one believes that there may be a much earlier invention that is similar to the Chinese black powder. There are accounts of explosives and incendiary weapons being used in battles by Romans and Greeks. Recently translated and discovered texts mentions Greek Fire and Explosives which until now remains a mystery.
  • Based on what I know winchester is the first person who build a gun and it is called winchester followed by his name. Until now some still owned winchester. But actually the world of movie films released a movie about the history of winchester by the way it is a horror film. Does any one of you knows about the winchester mansion? Where the daughterbof winchester accussed followed by the spirit of those victims of the gun which is invented by her father. You can still watch it on cinemas.