Gun Control Forum on Facebook Gun Control Forum on Google Plus Gun Control Forum on Twitter

Greetings Gun Control Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular Gun Control Forum Categories

In this Discussion

Gun control thoughts

edited November 2016 in Gun Control Debates Posts: 1

Gun control has always been an issue in the United States probably since just about when guns actually started popping up over here. In my opinion it is every person's right in this country to be able to have a firearm and that just isn't from interpreting the constitution but my own opinion.  Speaking of which let's get this out of the way. I do tend to lean a little left on the spectrum mainly because of father. But i do my absolute best to look at both sides and evaluate what is really best. I have done my best to research the topic so i'm not completely uneducated on it. Recently people have been scared in a sense that President Obama is going to take away their guns in some sense. Which i find to be quite far fetched considering the President doesn't have that kind of power in the first place. The power he does have that I suppose could would be the power stated in Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution which is the Executive order. The Executive order is a power bestowed to the President that do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. In this sense the President could ban guns but because of the checks and balances system there is no way this could happen due to the second Amendment in the Constitution which has more power than the Executive order essentially.
Another issue with gun control is the selling and distribution of firearms. Now most states don't require a background check to be able to purchase or obtain a firearm. Some states regulations only go with handguns. There is a huge loophole however even if there are regulations in place in said state. That would be gun shows. Gun shows in most states do not require background checks for firearms purchased at gun shows from private individuals.  Federal law actually only requires background checks and such from licensed dealers in the state. Which I kinda feel as though this is a large problem here. That means just about anyone can come up and buy themselves a gun as long as they have the money. In some shape way or form these Gun shows need to be regulated so such problems don't arise as in someone that gets a gun that probably shouldn't like an ex-convict with weapon charges against themselves already.
One thing i can't understand is that treading the middle ground is almost a taboo almost to the other sides. When in the middle people seem to look at both sides and almost go “Well hmmm let's think of how to fix this” While the other two sides seem to just bicker on and on able the same problems until another gun violence situation happens then they go on about how it could have been prevented and how “restrictions on guns are too strict” when it almost seems as though they don't see the bigger picture of all this.
With all this I can understand why people are scared of the whole gun control issue and why it's considered a hot topic. But at the same time it seems that most people almost seem paranoid that the government is  just trying to regulate something that is already hard to regulate off of the second amendment. People seem to think off of this that the government is just trying to take their guns when that's the farthest from the truth. They are but only trying to keep this country safe while not trying to infringe on people's rights. Let me know what ya think this is kinda something I up off the spur of the moment almost.

Comments

• This is a relevant concern.

Harry wrote:
    "I do tend to lean a little left on the spectrum mainly because of father. But i do my absolute best to look at both sides and evaluate what is really best. I have done my best to research the topic so i'm not completely uneducated on it. Recently people have been scared in a sense that President Obama is going to take away their guns in some sense. Which i find to be quite far fetched considering the President doesn't have that kind of power in the first place. The power he does have that I suppose could would be the power stated in Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution which is the Executive order. The Executive order is a power bestowed to the President that do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. In this sense the President could ban guns but because of the checks and balances system there is no way this could happen due to the second Amendment in the Constitution which has more power than the Executive order essentially. "

And our elections are hijacked for a reason. I hope it's not for the reason of having a puppet president.

Aside from that, the best way to have an effect is flank the issue.

Extreme violence of all kinds is a result of incompetent mental health care. There are some absolutes involved.

The human unconscious mind is what is really in control of a human being. But psychology has no treatment direct to the unconscious!

AN ANALOGY:
    How would automotive repair on engine cooling systems work if the ONLY thing we could do to fix them was pour additives in the radiator?

Perhaps not the best analogy, but structured quite right to demonstrate the absurdity of our current mental health care.

I'm serious, it is that bad. AND, courts refuse to force municipalities to follow health and safety codes that could radically improve mental health care by developing medical procedures that enable direct rapport with the unconscious mind.

This gets so bad that local courts gag reporter and editors of local papers to prevent the public from knowing about lawsuits that will be decided completely counter to numerous, grave public concerns.

Gun control is hard to prevent if all people cannot cooperate for this rules gun control is posible if everyone cooperate for this rule but sometimes people scared to cooperate why its because if you tell somedy that this guy is have a an authorized gun may be your life is in danger thats why other people cannot cooperate to control gun because belive or not many gun use unauthorized used.